1. We foster the habit of curiosity and the lifelong love of learning.
2. We value scientific, artistic and sporting pursuits.
3. We believe in truth and empathy – and therefore in reacting appropriately to wrongdoing.
4. We take responsibility for our lives. This means accepting and learning from our mistakes (and not blaming others for them).
5. We believe that having a sense of humour and understanding the viewpoint and feelings of others are essential for a happy and harmonious life.
6. We believe that by speaking a foreign language, we enrich our lives and deepen our understanding of other cultures.
7. We value differences. For this reason we actively seek a mix of staff and pupils which reflects a range of cultural, social and religious backgrounds.
8. We promote an active engagement in media and current affairs, believing that it is a moral imperative to have an opinion on the events and decisions which shape our world.
9. We recognise that everybody sometimes makes mistakes. We try to ensure that our communication channels are always open so that within the school there is always someone ready to listen with an open mind.
10. Each member of the KidStreet community strives to be honest, considerate, compassionate and generous.
11. We believe in questioning our beliefs.
At KidStreet, we value the diverse ethnic backgrounds of all our pupils, our families and our staff.